Ballston is a thriving destination with all the hustle and bustle of a busy downtown. That was the goal some 30 years ago when this neighborhood was envisioned as a “new downtown” in central Arlington. Located at the western end of the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor, Ballston is a major transportation hub and boasts one of the nation’s highest concentrations of scientific research agencies, including the Office of Naval Research, the Virginia Tech Advanced Research Institute and the Air Force Office of Scientific Research. Anchored by the busy Ballston-Marymount University Metro station, this neighborhood seems to have it all — tall office and residential buildings, hotels, shops, restaurants and attractive open spaces. Just a few blocks away, the urban vibe transforms into quiet residential neighborhoods with parks and single-family homes.
Condo 1 Ballston Picks and Pans
1. SER Restaurant – Great Spanish comfort foods. Try the sangria roja in the cute little bottles!
2. Kapnos Taverna – New coastal Greek restaurant by Chef Mike Isabella.
3. Taylor Gourmet – A new location! Local sub chain that began on H St, has opened its doors in Ballston and it is as popular as ever!
4. Harris Teeter – A great grocery chain you will now find throughout the area with roots in Charlotte. Best grocery shopping along the Orange line if you don’t want to pay Whole Foods prices!
5. Kettler Iceplex – On the backside of Ballston mall is where the Washington Capitals practice. Locals can drop by and watch Ovechkin and the rest of the team get ready for the next big game or rent some skates and enjoy the ice!
6. Total Wine – It’s finally here! No more driving to Springfield to buy beer in bulk!
1. The Ballston Mall – They are finally making moves on the new outdoor urban concept to replace it, but for now, it is just an eyesore.
2. A-Town – Ballston’s bane of its existence… Sunday Funday is taken to new heights here and it is often not appreciated by its immediate neighbors.
Click on an individual project to see available listings in that project.
For Sale or Rent