Courthouse neighborhood is sometimes referred to as county seat, as it is home to the primary county government administrative complex as well as a justice center consisting of a jail, courthouse and police HQ. Indeed, the neighborhood gets its name from the governmental uses that call it home. The neighborhood consists of high-rise residential and business buildings including offices of Verizon and an 8-screen AMC movie theater. It is home to more than 25 bars and restaurants, ranging from informal lunch take-out spots, to a venue for local bands, to upscale Latin and Thai evening establishments. Courthouse also features one of the first garden-style apartments complexes built in the United States. Built in the 1930s, Colonial Village consists of private condos, co-op housing, and apartments for rent and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Condo 1 Courthouse Picks and Pans:
1. Sushi Rock - Amazing lunch Katsu, great happy hour drinks, freshest sushi in DC. Tell owner Steve that Condo 1 sent you! It won't get you any free drinks, but it might get us one...
2. AMC Courthouse Cinema - Those huge sofa sleeper seats are just....ZZZZZ.....
3. Bayou Bakery - This local bakery with Louisiana flare has amazing Biegnets and pimento cheese!
4. Fireworks - A local favorite. Grab a wood-fired pizza and pick from an extensive list of craft brews!
1. Traffic! Wilson and Clarendon Blvds collide here causing bottlenecking and back-ups at the turn in to CVS.
2. No more fast food... The last of the fast food along the Orange line has left. Wendy's officially closed it's doors. If you have a hankering for a burger or a fast food taco, Lee Hwy is your only hope!
Click on an individual project to see available listings in that project.
For Sale or Rent