Virginia Square contains an interesting blend of education and arts in the midst of a largely residential neighborhood. Here you’ll find college campuses, businesses, apartments, single-family homes and expansive parks complete with picnic areas and athletic fields — all within blocks of the Virginia Square Metro station. The main branch of the Arlington Public Library, the Arlington Arts Center and campuses of George Mason University and The George Washington University are all located here. There also are a number of luxury residential developments, including the Lexington Square Condominiums, The Library Courts, The Gallery at Virginia Square, Virginia Square Apartments and Ballston Place at Lexington Park.
Unlike the other station areas along the Rosslyn-Ballston Corridor, this urban village was designed to have a more residential feel and to serve as a center for cultural, educational and recreational activities. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) opened a building across from the Metro station in 1991 and employs more than 500 employees, and some long-time businesses are still in operation, including Mario’s Pizza, open since 1957, and Casual Adventure, an outdoor clothing store that has been in the neighborhood in some form for 45 years.
Condo 1 Virginia Square Picks and Pans
1. El Pollo Rico – Locals flock here for some of the best Peruvian chicken in the area!
2. Jen’s Kitchen (formerly Metro Cafe) – This unassuming market just outside of the VA Square Metro entrance just got a face lift, but it’s always had a great deli counter! Their Philly Cheesesteak is definitely worth a try!
3. Rocklands BBQ – You can smell the BBQ pit smoking throughout the neighborhood! Saddle up to the bar and be entertained by the lively bar staff!
4. Conte’s bike shop – Get yourself set up with a bicycle or bring your old one in for a tune-up by the nice, knowledgeable staff!
1. Mario’s Pizza – An Arlington landmark. The inebriated swear by it… that might tell you something.
Click on an individual project to see available listings in that project.